(Flu) Shot Tayo!

Yesterday was the last day to avail the flu shots at Watsons. They had a small corner at their SM Bacoor branch and it only took me less than 10 minutes to get things done. I was with my youngest daughter so it was hard for me to bring out my camera and take photos of other people who were also there to get their flu shot.

Image Courtesy of http://www.atascaderochamber.org/

This is the fourth consecutive year that I signed up for a flu shot and so does my whole family. I asked my fellow mom friends if they were also doing the same thing. Some said "yes" because it is part of their company perks while others prefer not to.

So far, I haven't experienced any adverse effects after getting flu shots. My kids also never felt ill or had fever even during their first flu shot ever. I guess the effects really vary from one person to another. I'm thankful that there were no such thing as getting a temperature of 39 C or so, or feeling feverish the next day.

It's not just through the influence of one of my best friends, Dra. Matinong (hello doc!), that made me decided to get our flu shots annually. Above all, as parents, taking care of ourselves should be our top priority. If we are always sick, feeling lethargic, or feel that something's not right with our body we won't be able to function properly for the family. Dad or moms can't go to work, nobody can prepare the kids for school, and the list goes on.

Moreover, each time that I feel like I'm going down with fever, I will immediately pop some Biogesic and in just one day I'll feel better already. Before the shots, it usually takes me 3 to 4 days before I can start moving again. But with the flu vaccine, I'm back to my mommy business in just 24 hours.

How about you? What's your stand on flu vaccine? Do you also require your family to get this shot every year? And yeah, by the way, flu shots are still available at Watsons for P450 or P405 if you have SMAC cards. You can have a nurse friend or relative do it for you.

XOXO,

August 2, 2015 at 4:36 AM delete

ayy, I missed it. My children have theirs every year...

August 2, 2015 at 4:41 AM delete

I think Mercury Drugstore also have something like this. I'm just not aware of the schedule though and how much :) But you can still buy the vaccine at Watsons, have someone administer the shot to your arm. :)

August 2, 2015 at 6:45 PM delete

We always have our flu shots in my husband's office every summer. It is cheaper compared to hospitals.

Allan D
August 2, 2015 at 7:58 PM delete

My son had this shot yearly. We are waiting if their school will conduct vaccination this year. If not, we will just bring him to his pedia.

Chin chin
August 3, 2015 at 12:44 AM delete

We usually have our family flu shots at church. But since it's kinda scheduled late this year and we already had flu last month, I think we'll pass the flu shot.

Anna Plaida
August 4, 2015 at 5:21 PM delete

How much is flu vaccine in watsons? Is it cheaper ba compare to hospitals our doctors fee is 1200

August 4, 2015 at 5:24 PM delete

way cheaper! :) i only paid P405. it's P450 if you don't have SM Advantage Card :)

August 7, 2015 at 1:40 PM delete

We already had our flu shot last month in our local health center. Its nice to know that Watsons also offered flu vaccine pala.

August 9, 2015 at 6:29 AM delete

Probably this week I'll get my free flu shot. According to our company nurse the vaccines are on its way.

Vera
August 9, 2015 at 7:35 PM delete

This is the second year that my company offered discounted flu shots and my whole family took advantage of it. My parents even got the pneumonia shot. I think that any way we can prevent sickness, we should do it.