Rave: On Air with AirAsia

We usually fly via Cebu Pacific because the promos are more popular before compared to Air Asia. But now that the latter is already known to many travel enthusiasts, we gave it a try a year ago. However, last year's booked flights were for our wedding guests (Mla-Kalibo-Mla) and we were booked via PAL instead.

It was only last week that we tried AirAsia and I was very satisfied with our experience. Not only during the flight but also weeks prior to that. We have a scheduled flight to Boracay this December and with all the inquiries I've been sending them via private message on their Facebook page, it usually takes them less than an hour to reply.

Anyway, back to our Manila-Incheon-Manila flight, AirAsia started accepting passengers for boarding two hours before the scheduled flight. It was actually a breeze and the process didn't took long before we went our way to our designated gate. The line was long but the process was smooth and efficient.

Inside the plane, I was surprised that their legroom is quite spacious. We were able to move comfortably. And since there were several unoccupied seats, passengers were able to transfer from one place to another to take a complete rest before the plane lands at Incheon.

What makes this flight memorable is my experience with their flight attendants (FA). Halfway to our destination, my youngest suddenly felt ill and had a fever. Because our paracetamol syrup was at the checked-in luggage, I asked the Filipina FA if they have some syrup for fever but instead she gave me a Biogesic chewable (she said it like Lola Tidora) for kids. As soon as I went back to our seat, I told my daughter to eat it like candy but unfortunately she didn't liked the taste. The same Pinay FA went to us to check if we need anything else, offered us water and extra air sickness bag. Too bad I was so preoccupied with my sick daughter that I forgot to ask her name.

The flight lasted for 3 hours and 40 minutes. No delays, whatsoever. But my daughters felt hungry during the flight that they ordered some Korean Beef Steak with rice and chocolate chip cookies. Their menu wasn't the typical airplane food. It was actually very tasty! And the cookie was very delicious as well.

At the airport, I saw their Korean FA at the arrival area. She was probably heading to the city as well for a short vacation. She recognized me and gave her biggest, genuine smile that I haven't seen with other flight attendants in a long while. Going back to Manila, I also saw her at the departure area, heading to the same designated gate as ours. She immediately talked to me and said that the gate has been changed (from 29 to 22) and waited with us at the available chairs. During the flight going home, she assisted us with all our needs and even gave my daughter free chocolate chip cookies.

Overall, it was truly a pleasant experience flying with AirAsia. I hope we will have the same experience on our December flight. From now on, I am definitely going to watch out for their promos. Their rates are sometimes cheaper than Cebu Pacific and with this kind of service, I highly recommend to use AirAsia on your next flight.

Have you also traveled to any domestic or international flight via AirAsia? Share with us your raves (or rants)!

xoxo

November 3, 2015 at 6:23 PM delete

We've had our first flight via Air Asia a year ago to Malaysia.. So far we had a good experience and my kids love the cabin crews, they're so friendly to kids.. I used to book at Cebu Pacific before but they got higher rates now compared to AirAsia, now i just booked another flight to Hongkong for the whole family next year and the price for a two way ticket is really an awesome deal! Got it at P3,500 two way, beating cebu pacific's promo fares :)

Coi Ibanez
November 3, 2015 at 6:34 PM delete

That's so nice of their FAs ah! Hopefully all of their FAs are like that, and sa lahat ng airlines sana esp sa Cebu Pac hehe

Shelly
November 3, 2015 at 8:44 PM delete

Nice to know that they have excellent customer service. That flight attendant was so nice, apparently what she did was service from the heart. I actually booked an Air Asia flight for January. I hope I'd have the same positive experience. :)

Mona Verdida
November 3, 2015 at 8:52 PM delete

Glad you had a nice experience with Air Asia. My mom also booked a flight through them and she also had a pleasant experience. Sabi pa nga niya dun sa Cebu Pacific, mahaba ang pila and galit na yung mga tao, while sa pila niya... well, their line was very short and the staff was very accommodating. :) Thanks for the post! I enjoyed reading it.

November 3, 2015 at 9:11 PM delete

ui sulit yun for roundtrip ah! :) our other booked flight naman was worth 1k each (domestic) roundtrip na din :)

November 3, 2015 at 9:39 PM delete

My hubby and I, We always prefer Air Asia, kasi marami sila promos, aside from that all-in-one pa. But right now parang wala na yata silang flights from Cagayan to Manila.

November 3, 2015 at 9:59 PM delete

yah sometimes nakasimangot na mga FA nila (Cebu Pacific) eh hehe

November 3, 2015 at 10:00 PM delete

they surely will :) i'll post our experience on our domestic flight by December if it's still the same :)

November 3, 2015 at 10:04 PM delete

that's true. going home, our luggage exceeded the weight in a bit, but they didn't charged us a single peso/won =)

November 3, 2015 at 10:10 PM delete

feeling ko nga din magiging loyal na ko sa Air Asia hehe.

November 4, 2015 at 12:37 AM delete

We always fly via Zest Air before, pero nawala sila saglit sa Davao-Manila vice versa route kaya we had no choice but to go with CebuPac. ZestAir wasn't that good, there were many complaints but it was a lot better when they merged with AirAsia.

Team Poreber
November 4, 2015 at 8:17 AM delete

Haven't tried air asia yet just PAL and Cebu PAC. It's nice to know that they have friendly and caring FA. Would love to check their service the next time we travel. ~Pearliza Paguio

November 4, 2015 at 8:40 AM delete

Gonna check Air Asia for next booking. Thanks for your post.

November 4, 2015 at 1:05 PM delete

Well, i've also tried flying via Air Asia and so far my experience was consistent with yours. I hope they can sustain the overall service.

Cheryl F
November 4, 2015 at 4:20 PM delete

I haven't tried flying via Air Asia, always with CB. But heard good experiences with them. I will try to check them for my next travel.

November 4, 2015 at 9:06 PM delete

We have tried Air Asia when we went to Boracay for a summer vacation, so far we are very satisfied with their service. Will definitely consider them on our next travel.

November 5, 2015 at 3:20 PM delete

I have not tried flying with AirAsia. Glad to read that you have a pleasant experience with them.

Xoxo
MrsMartinez

November 5, 2015 at 6:59 PM delete

That was indeed a nice experience. We haven't tried AirAsia yet but we'll check them out soon, hope to have a pleasant flight with them, too.

November 5, 2015 at 10:42 PM delete

Service with a personal touch, I love that! We haven't tried AirAsia yet, only PAL and Cebu Pacific. I hope to experience the same kind of service if and when we finally get to board an AirAsia plane.

Chin chin
November 8, 2015 at 5:39 PM delete

Good to know about the good customer service of Air Asia. I looked up their flight travel offerings, but they don't have one to Bacolod. I was hoping to book my family's going there in December.

November 9, 2015 at 3:00 AM delete

I love flying with airlines with smiling FAs! So far, wala pa naman akong bad experience with any airline, but I've been waiting for an AirAsia review. Thank you so much for this!

November 9, 2015 at 7:07 PM delete

I also have nice experience with Air Asia on my last trip abroad. No delay in flight and the FAs are super nice. And also the food are good even the free meal.

Cym Marzan
November 12, 2015 at 12:35 AM delete

I hope I could try flying Air Asia someday. Did you know that when you shop at Zalora, you could earn points that you could one day use towards Air Asia flights or hotel bookings?

November 17, 2015 at 4:51 AM delete

they did. i also experienced Zest Air before and it was a big improvement when AirAsia entered the scene :)

November 17, 2015 at 4:52 AM delete

yep. i love PAL's onboard services too. Cebu Pacific, not so much

November 17, 2015 at 4:53 AM delete

yes i hope so too. we'll see when we travel via Airasia again this December :)

November 17, 2015 at 4:54 AM delete

yep. they are worth the try :)

November 17, 2015 at 4:54 AM delete

they have so many options and prompt reply from their online customer service :)

November 17, 2015 at 4:55 AM delete

yes, i hope they are consistent =)

November 17, 2015 at 4:56 AM delete

sad to say i never felt that from Cebu Pacific yet =P

November 17, 2015 at 5:05 AM delete

hope they would soon have enough flights to take you and your family to Bacolod.

November 17, 2015 at 5:06 AM delete

yes their food is better than PAL and Cebu Pac. wait, there's a free meal? =D =D

November 17, 2015 at 5:07 AM delete

no i didnt! thank you for informing me =)

November 18, 2015 at 5:53 PM delete

I've tried Air Asia too when we went to Kota Kinabalu few years ago and we got the fare for P2k+ RT for three persons. Mahal pa travel tax and terminal fee. hehehe! We had a good experience too. :)