Healthy Teeth, Healthy Kid

My eldest already lost about five milk teeth (or more) since she was 6 years old. There were a couple of trips to the dentist but we got others by the mere help of the "tie up and pull" technique using a string. I think she felt traumatized with the dentist injecting her gums with anestesia that's why when I told her that we're going to have a checkup, she was nervous.

However, I felt that it's necessary to have her teeth checked and cleaned especially I'm starting to see some cavities building up. After all, if she really wanted to become a flight attendant she needs to have great set of teeth, right?

Great Smile at SM Bacoor

Off we go to SM Bacoor where she had her records and where I think she will feel comfortable at. After the dentist checked her teeth, we were informed that a milk tooth has a small hole that sometimes causes her inconvenience when she eats. But the dentist didn't required a sealant since it will also fall off soon.

While my Ate is still feeling nervous, the dentist explained to her the importance of oral health and why it is essential to have her teeth cleaned every six months. So why do we really value our children's teeth and why is oral health important?

• It's easier to brush your teeth daily. Would you rather feel a tooth pain and go all through that trouble than brush your teeth?
  • Healthy gums and teeth are great signs of a healthy kid. This just means that you don't eat too much sweets. You use nature's floss every time you eat fruits and vegetables.
  • You will have healthier and stronger adult/permanent teeth.
  • Smiles are better if you have good set of teeth.
These are just some of the words from the dentist that my Ate easily understood. Now she felt that there's nothing to be afraid of with dentists as long as she also takes good care of her pearly whites.

smiling with flouride paste after

I hope I won't have any trouble bringing my youngest to the dentist when it's her time to visit. =)
How about you moms? Are you very careful with your kids' teeth as well? What do you usually do and what do you teach them about oral health?

xoxo,

toni
November 24, 2015 at 8:40 PM delete

Thanks for the reminder! I have a six-year-old son. We've visited the dentist a couple of times to acquaint him with the surroundings. So far his visits have been good! He's been feeling a bit of discomfort in his teeth though, and the dentist shared his permanent teeth may be making their way out soon. Ayyyy!!! I'll have to think of ways on how to assure him all will be well once he'll get a "real" treatment and not just a check-up. Any tips would be appreciated too! :)

November 25, 2015 at 1:28 AM delete

Dental health is really important for everyone. Regular visits will make them comfortable being around dentists, too. :)

November 25, 2015 at 4:56 AM delete

i think as long as he becomes comfortable with the usual visits, he wouldn't mind getting a tooth pulled by the dentist =)

November 25, 2015 at 4:57 AM delete

true, mommy. that's where I think made a mistake before. her dental checkups weren't regular and her first trip to the dentist became traumatic lol

November 25, 2015 at 3:45 PM delete

Growing up, I have to say I did not have a well-maintained teeth. Which is why I don't want my son to be like me. I'll make sure to take care of his teeth.

November 25, 2015 at 7:27 PM delete

I agree with you sis that healthy teeth means healthy kid. My son is 5 when he had his first trip to dentist. It was a bliss and we have no problem with him. The dentist was amazed actually for a timer daw she expects a long convincing check up. Anyway, he had two dental fillings and cleaning lang. He had a good set of teeth, hiwa-hiwalay. Eversince na fill un two teeth nya he can eat meats na kasi hindi na nasisiksikan. Malaki ibinilog nya, hehe.

November 25, 2015 at 11:03 PM delete

same here sis. that's why i don't want my kids to suffer the same toothache, sleepless nights, etc due to lack of dental checkups.

November 25, 2015 at 11:04 PM delete

true that sis. mas naeenjoy kasi nila yung pagkain kahit ano since they are comfortable na makakaya nilang nguyain without any problem.

November 26, 2015 at 4:01 AM delete

Both of my kids visit the dentist regularly, so, far they are loving the whole experience. No loss tooth yet on both. I agree! its nice to have a healthy teeth always.:)
www.sweetcuisinera.com

November 26, 2015 at 6:17 AM delete

great job mommy for the regular dental checkups and kudos to your kid as well for not being lazy to brush their teeth! =D

November 27, 2015 at 3:24 AM delete

When i was a kid Im afraid visiting at the dentist pwera nalang kung super sakit na ng ngipin ko hehehe. Ayun puro pasta nangyari sa ngipin ko hehehe

Balot
November 29, 2015 at 11:58 PM delete

I'm also seeing holes/cavities on my 4-yr-old's teeth and prepping him for next visit to the dentist. The last time we visited was a disaster, he cried so hard and doesn't want to sit the the chair, wish us luck :)

Allan D
December 1, 2015 at 10:43 PM delete

On my son's first dental check-up, Mommy and I were nervous not because of what will the dentist do to him but we are worried if he will have the courage to sit on the chair. Buti na lang behave sya and the dentist was amazed especially when he knew it was his first time visiting a dentist.

Cris Ruffolo
December 2, 2015 at 8:08 AM delete

My twins have brushing charts which we color after every brush routine. Saya!

www.readingruffolos.com