On Ariel's Point and My Bucketlist

Happy 2016 everyone! I'm very happy and grateful to God that our 2015 turned our so well. In fact, one of the things that I'm thankful for is ticking off one item from my bucket list.

Do you have a bucket list? I was actually not aware of such term until I watched Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson's movie, The Bucket List. It made me think that even I am already a mother and a wife, I still shouldn't lose myself. When the kids are all grown up, I want to have some fist-pumping memories to remember that I did well during my younger years. You know, things that I really wanted to accomplish before I turn 50 or probably at any age that I can no longer do strenuous activities anymore.

Part of that list is Ariel's Point. It's the famous tourist attraction for thrill-seekers and beach bummers just like me. I've been dying to jump at their diving board for the past 4 years now and I'm just so excited that I was able to share this experience with my husband.

Going to Ariel's Point requires reservation especially during the peak season. They only allow limited number of guests so everyone could be properly accommodated at the boat and at the site itself. For P2,500 (P2,000 for the in-house guests of Boracay Beach Club) you are already entitled to have unlimited drinks as soon as your foot sets on their boat. It also includes a buffet lunch and a little snack in the afternoon before you hit the boat going back to Boracay's white sand beach.

Anyway, there are three diving boards starting from 3, 8 and 15 meters. Of course we tried all. But my favorite was the highest diving point. All of it seemed scary at first. However, when I jumped at the 15-meter board, I never wanted to go back again to the lower ones. I admit I'm not much of a swimmer. I'm just thankful that there are actually lifeguards waiting at the bottom and would help you out as soon as you rise up after the dive. It can be quite exhausting because after jumping, you have to swim back to the rope ladder which really doesn't hold firm. So the experience would really make you hungry and thirsty afterwards.

It was just surreal. The excitement of jumping, the fact that I conquered something quite scary at first try, and just the mere thought of being there, sharing this experience with the man I love most is definitely a moment that I would remember forever. I am thankful to God that at this age I still have the energy and the enthusiasm to do things like this one. And I sure am glad that motherhood didn't ate the fun out of me. LOL!

Me and My Bucket List

Now that this has already been ticked off from my bucket list, I pray that I can still do some of the other things I have enlisted before time runs out or probably my hair turns gray. So let me just share with you what's on my bucket list so far.

• See and have a dolphin encounter - check! I had the chance to feed and hug a dolphin during my eldest's field trip a couple of years ago at Subic.

• Get a tattoo - check! I already got 4 and still counting.

• Ride an elephant - check! This was way back when I was in college and we had a family trip in Bangkok.
  • Beach wedding  - check! 2014 was one of the best days of my life (cue music here!) and it happened in Boracay.
  • Kiss a snake - check! Yep, happened too many times already.
  • Beach activities like riding a jet ski, helmet dive, etc - check!
  • Scuba dive
  • Swim with the whales in Cebu
  • Bungee Jump at Macau Tower
  • Experience sky diving in Dubai - or probably in Cebu since it's more realistic and cheaper
  • Be involved in a community program
  • Celebrate birthday with a soup kitchen kind of day
  • Travel to Cambodia and Vietnam with my husband
  • Learn how to drive and go on a road trip with the family and the dog
  • Become a Disney princess for a day - probably Jasmin, Pocahontas or Tiana from Princess and the Frog?
  • Visit Palawan and marvel at all its wonders
That's it for now. But I do know that I would still want to include more and accomplish more this year or the next.

How about you? Have you done something memorable last year? Mind sharing if you have a bucket list of your own? =)

xoxo,

Didi
January 3, 2016 at 7:14 PM delete

2015 was a good year. I am thankful for the blessings. Inggit ako sa mga taong may bucket list - kasi ako, I'm super tamad to make one, kasi I don't want to be disappointed when it doesn't pan out! hahaha..

happy new year sis!

love, didi

January 3, 2016 at 8:27 PM delete

I'm reading your bucket list and hindi ko carry ang iba like bungee jump and sky dive. Isama mo na itong sa Boracay. Scared ako. hehehe!

Chin chin
January 3, 2016 at 9:57 PM delete

I really don't have a bucket list, but I just set a few goals for myself to give me some direction. Good luck on accomplishing your bucket list.

mommymadz
January 4, 2016 at 2:56 AM delete

Hi I can relate to the excitement and fulfillment you feel when you tick off something in your bucket list.I actually made one several years back and somehow usually not on purpose,I get to do or achieve them :)

January 4, 2016 at 5:57 PM delete

Same here. Just heard of bucket list from the movie of morgan f. and jack n. and before i finally dived into the world of full time mom, i was able to do kayaking, zipline, rappelling, wall climbing, spelunking, and cliff diving among others. It was an accomplishment because I tend to be clumsy and yet done things I thought I can't. Still too many in my bucket list, and I hope to accomplish them this time with my boys.

Neri Ann
January 5, 2016 at 12:44 AM delete

Learn to bake before I turned 30 is on my list and I already accomplished it though I still need to bake more! I also want to learn how to swim and drive!

January 5, 2016 at 11:43 AM delete

Love your bucket list Sis, I want to do something different this year maybe a trip to Disneyland with my family. So far, that's the top of my list. Cheers on 2016 Sis!:)
www.wish4less.info

January 5, 2016 at 1:56 PM delete

That's great bucketlist of yours. For this year, I think my bucketlist is to go to Japan to work and buy a house. I am really aiming for this. Thanks for inspiring me.

January 5, 2016 at 2:22 PM delete

So fun! I don't have a bucket list right now (gasp!) but now I'm inspired to make one again.

January 5, 2016 at 3:08 PM delete

Was about to try the Ariel's Point when we are in Boracay kaso that time I'm feeling pregnant so I backed out. Tama nga ako, preggy nga ako hehehe. I also haven't made my own bucket list, naiisip ko palang madami na sila heheh

January 5, 2016 at 9:22 PM delete

Wow, I do admire people like you who conquer scary adventures. I don't think I can do it. Haha, a ride on the ferris wheel pa lang nga takot na ako. :) Happy New Year.

January 6, 2016 at 1:10 AM delete

Oh my! I don't have a bucket list either. Getting through your lists, I must say, I should be watching the movie first. And I love your lists, very adventurous and fear conquering. Love it!

January 8, 2016 at 7:03 PM delete

You are a very adventurous woman! Would love to have a dolphin encounter, namahalan lang ako sa bayad, haha. Anyway, good luck to you and God bless your family. Happy New Year!

Mark Villar
January 10, 2016 at 4:35 AM delete

2015 has been a tough year for me. But will definitely make sure to make 2016 a successful year. Hopefully more travel and more blog opportunities.

January 11, 2016 at 2:08 PM delete

i hope you have a great 2016 as well :)

January 11, 2016 at 2:08 PM delete

hahaha! parang ang saya lang kasi that i would be able to try things that other people wouldn't want to do. :)

January 11, 2016 at 3:12 PM delete

Thank you. :) I'm hoping I can complete these before I turn 40 :P

January 11, 2016 at 3:13 PM delete

feels great right? :) thank you for dropping by

January 12, 2016 at 8:14 AM delete

Ariels Point. Mhmm. I'm adding it to my list!! hahahaha Dolphin encounter is also one of my bucketlist. I also have my own list for the this year, list for a long term and list for a short term :)

Have a great year and more adventure ahead!! :)

January 19, 2016 at 7:38 PM delete

I'm happy for you for being able to do things in your bucket list. It's really exhilirating sometimes to tick off those items we sometimes are not sure would happen in our lifetime. One example of an item in my bucket list before which was already fulfilled more than once is publishing my own book that will make a difference in people's lives. This year, I plan to finish and publish at least one more. :) Cheers to our bucket lists!

January 24, 2016 at 1:40 PM delete

yes, i do too hope that some of these things on the list will be ticked off while doing it with my kids. but then again, too soon for them hahaha!

January 24, 2016 at 1:41 PM delete

i already tried baking and it was actually fun but tiring. it was worth the time and effort when you see them enjoying your baked cookies or cake. :)

January 24, 2016 at 1:42 PM delete

thank you dear. don't worry, piso fares are on its way ;)

January 24, 2016 at 1:43 PM delete

thank you. I hope you can finish what's in your list too.

January 24, 2016 at 1:46 PM delete

you should! hahaha. even for just the heck of it. then try to check when you're 50 if you did some of the things on the list. it'll be fun!

jared's mum
February 1, 2016 at 8:41 PM delete

i have been contemplating on my Bucket List way before I got to watch the Morgan Freeman film. I have included items like having a baby, going to Baguio, and getting a tattoo in it, too! I have yet to get a tattoo, though. Thanks for this post, it reminds me to update my list + try + tick them off one by one this year! :)