THE GRUFFALO – Live in Manila 2016!

If you want to have a different way to spend some quality time with your kids, here's one event that would give them something to enjoy and learn from at the same time! Let The Gruffalo introduce your little ones to the magic and wonder of world-class theatre!Showing at the RCBC Theatre from January 27 to 31, 2016, don’t miss out!

Join Mouse on an adventurous journey in Tall Stories’ magical, musical adaptation of the award-winning picture book by Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler.

“Irresistibly charming!”The Times, UK
“Monstrous fun!”Daily Mail, UK

Mouse sets off on a daring adventure through the deep dark wood in search of hazelnuts, meeting the cunning Fox, the eccentric old Owl and the party mad Snake on the way. Will the story of the fabled Gruffalo save Mouse from ending up as dinner for these wily woodland creatures? Armed with only a nut map and a little courage, Mouse must outwit them all, and after all, there’s no such thing as a Gruffalo – is there?

Songs, laughs and scary fun for children aged 3 and up and their adults, in a show that’s toured around Britain and the world. Let your imagination run wild!

“No. 1 Children’s Show!”The Independent, UK
“An altogether winning performance!”New York Times

The Gruffalo - LIVEhas grown into one of the biggest and most anticipated live shows in Hong Kong and Singapore and Manila can finallywelcomethe production come 2016. The Gruffalo - LIVE 2016will be performed by a professional theatre company from the United Kingdom.

“In its four years, The Gruffalo - LIVE has grown into a major family entertainment event in both Hong Kong and Singapore,” says Matthew Gregory, Executive Producer of Hong Kong-based ABA Productions.“This show will provide a fun and educational experience that the whole family can enjoy. I truly hope that this will give children an opportunity to experience the magic of live theatre and expand theirknowledge of the art.”

Brought to Manila by Concertus Manila, in partnership with ABA Productions and Lunchbox Theatrical Productions. Special thanks to Nickelodeon.Book your tickets atTicketWorld. Call 891-9999 or visit www.ticketworld.com.ph.

Production info:
Directed by Olivia Jacobs.Creative Producer Toby Mitchell.Designer Isla Shaw.Lighting by James Whiteside, music by JollyGoodTunes, and choreography Morag Cross.

Adapted from the book by Julia Donaldson & Axel Scheffler
Illustration © Axel Scheffler and Macmillan Children’s Books

Shelly
January 24, 2016 at 6:07 AM delete

Ah so interesting. It would be an awesome family date for those with kids.

January 25, 2016 at 6:24 PM delete

Arggh! My son loves the Gruffalo story, and he's been bugging me to make him a Gruffalo cake. He would love this, if only we're nearby...

January 26, 2016 at 1:52 AM delete

I haven't heard about Gruffalo. Thanks for sharing, will research more of this and tell my little one. I bet she would love this.

January 26, 2016 at 11:13 AM delete

My kids would LOVE this event. The photos you've shared are beautiful. Will learn more about Gruffalo and share it to my kiddos tonight. Thanks!:)
www.sweetcuisinera.com

Dominique Goh
January 26, 2016 at 11:19 PM delete

the kids have read the story Gruffalo in school but haven't seen the play. I think it would be certainly an interesting experience.

Denice Diaz
January 27, 2016 at 5:24 PM delete

Aww this looks super cute sayang lang kasi my little one is just over a year old so she might not be able to enjoy it just yet.

January 28, 2016 at 5:49 AM delete

oh this is so cute and very creative, I love the costumes and for sure di lang mga kds ang ma entertain dito pati mga adults din.

January 28, 2016 at 6:54 AM delete

Looks exciting my siblings will surely enjoy this :) thanks for sharing!

Marie Bulatao
January 31, 2016 at 12:40 AM delete

Waah! I got an invite for this but I am in Baguio!I am sure the kids and the young-at-hearts will love this.

Mark Villar
February 2, 2016 at 1:23 PM delete

Haven't heard this before but it looks like a really fun act. I'm sure kids will enjoy this one.

February 3, 2016 at 10:05 PM delete

It's been a long time since I have been to theater. Sayang I missed this one. Would have been fun to watch especially with my little one.

February 19, 2016 at 2:12 AM delete

Too bad we missed this one. My kids are into theater pa naman. May I ask where you bought a copy of this book? I plan to read this to my boys too. :)